Saturday, January 26, 2008

Accordion

Here's another music video that has been getting a lot of attention online recently. This is a video of Madvillain's "Accordion" off of their excellent 2004 album Madvillainy. I've listened to that album at least four times this week, marveling over the crazy sampling of Madlib and surreal lyrics of MF DOOM. "Accordion" is similar to Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" in its habit of busting in, shocking you with its ingenuity, then retreating back into the mystical haze it crept from. The video, just recently released, is pretty minimalist, featuring the masked DOOM rapping in a hallway. Madvillain is now at work on their second album, according to the website at Stones Throw Records.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet... I never dreamed I'd see the hip/hop accordion before I did it...

You know I'm all about the pipes...