Thursday, March 6, 2008

Black Kids Announce Single, LP

The single off the upcoming, and untitled debut album (expected in July 2008) by Black Kids is the obvious "I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You." The single will be released on Almost Gold Recordings in the UK on April 7. What this means for us stateside, I don't know, but I better be able to get my hands on this single somehow. "Boyfriend 2.0," as it has been deemed by Black Kids, is slightly reworked, but varies so little that anyone that hasn't listened to Wizard of Ahhhs on repeat since its release would have a hard time telling the difference. Tacked on the back of the single are two covers, "You Turn Me On" by Beat Happening and "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" by Sophie B. Hawkins. Also included if you buy off iTunes is The Twelves remix of "Boyfriend."

If you can't wait for the single to drop, one half of the single is streaming on their MySpace.

No comments: