Monday, July 7, 2008

Fleet Foxes Black Cab Session

Hello Moustache Salad readers. I'm back from my journey to the East, and ready to start posting again after my five week government-enforced respite from blogging. In China, amidst all the smog, haze, concrete, and skyscrapers, I found myself turning time and time again to Fleet Foxes to provide me with the sunshine and natural beauty that eluded me in Beijing and Shanghai. Here's a video of Fleet Foxes' lead singer Robin Pecknold performing for Black Cab Sessions. He covers Judie Sill's "Crayon Angels", a song I hadn't previously heard. Pecknold has one of the best voices in music, powerful and capable of many different textures and emotions. After one listen to his version of "Crayon Angels", I'm interested to seek out some of Judie Sill's work.



You should also check out the My Morning Jacket Black Cab Session. "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2" in a cab? Bloody brilliant.

1 comment:

dan the hellion said...

Nice. I browsed through the Black Cab Sessions awhile back, really enjoyed the deathcab one.