Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Monolith Music Festival

I started this post over a month ago, saved it, and never posted... So, here it is now, in no less glory.


Dudes...
I know I probably won't be going to this, but if you can afford the time and money I can almost guarantee it will be the best weekend of your lives.

The Monolith Music Festival in Red Rocks, Colorado will be two night in September surrounded by walls of red sandstone, lots of screaming rock and indie fans, and the sounds of 50 or more bands on 5 stages. The single day passes are about $52 a piece, two day passes go for $110, and the VIP passes top out at $225... You may be balking right about now, but when you see the line-up of performances they have combined with the scenery and ambiance of Colorado, I'm almost certain your insides will begin to wriggle around, just like mine did.

Included in the list of performers that I mentioned above are Band of Horses, TV on the Radio, Silversun Pickups, Del The Funky Homosapien, and a legitimately funky group called Hercules & Love Affair...

Here's an example of them:

Hercules & Love Affair–Hercules Theme


"My God!" is exactly what you're thinking, right? I know.

No comments: