Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cover: Jonny Numbercruncher & His Moist-Eyed Mothers


I realized today that I have blogged surprisingly little (not at all) about one of my favorite bands: Jonny Numbercruncher & His Moist-Eyed Mothers. A local band to Kirksville, or more accurately to Truman State University, the group consists of some great alt-country musicians. On their 2007 self-titled release, they tackle some covers, and flesh out some of lead singer, Harry Burson's originals. This is one of my favorites off the album, a cover of The Velvet Underground's "I'm Waiting For The Man." Check them out over at their MySpace. They are playing their last show in a little over two weeks, but hey that is what studio albums are for.


You can check out Numbercruncher if you live anywhere near Kirksville, MO at these places:

4/11 Tom Thumb Aught Eight
4/25 The Dukum Inn

No comments: